Friday, August 11, 2023

Cameron Matters

 Blog 8.3.23 Cameron Matters

Yesterday I had my yearly physical. As I talked to my doctor (I just love her!), we went over some of the questions asked to old people to make sure that (my) mental health was in order. One of the questions was whether I felt supported emotionally. That led to a discussion on Cameron and the great blessing that he is. I told her this little story from earlier in the week: Cameron has a tender heart, especially for others in need or loss. One of his friends from SNAP (Special Needs Activities Program) died a few days ago, and Cameron had a “broken heart,” as he has when others of his friends and co-workers have passed. As we were discussing Terry’s obituary, Cam was especially impressed that Terry carried his temple recommend with him at all times. Cam told me he was going to make a video of his playing “I Love to See the Temple.” I said, “uh-huh, uh-huh”, thinking how before he did that I should practice with him, count it out with him, and help make it presentable. Next thing I knew, I could hear Cameron playing the song on the piano in the office. When he finally came out, he told me that he had recorded it, borne testimony that Terry is now with Jesus, and sent it to the SNAP leaders. Tears in his eyes. That’s Cameron! Independent. Heartfelt. Loving. Faithful. Giving. What a great blessing he is to me and the thousands of people (literally) who know and love him!



No comments:

Post a Comment